snap shot of the details:
1. entry dates between January 8, 2011 and January 23, 2011
2. 600 words or less of fiction
3. one story/one entry per person
4. story must include one character who tells a joke and one character who cries
5. Entrants must be 18 or older and legal resident of U.S.
6. The Judge: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, author of the critically acclaimed books Purple Hibiscus and Half a Yellow Sun; judging will be based on originality, creativity, and quality of writing
5. Prize--a radio broadcast interview and your story read on NPR's Weekend All Things Considered plus a copy of Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie's collection of short stories, "The Thing Around Your Neck."
If you prefer to read the legal official rules, click here