Welcome!

Welcome to the Bookshelf Detective, a site packed with tricks and tips for readers and writers of children's literature. Thank you for visiting!
Cheers,
Kim Tomsic

Monday, October 5, 2026

October 5, 2026 Submission Opportunities for Children's Book Writers and Adult Fiction and Nonfiction Writers

 

Submission Opportunities for Children's Book Writers and Adult Fiction and Nonfiction Writers

Katherine Odom-Tomchin


Agency:
Folio Literary Management (by the way, Folio Junior is the arm of the agency dedicated to children’s literature)

What: Fiction and nonfiction for Adults (her website says she does not currently represent MG or YA even though query tracker has “YA” as an option)

Says, “For fiction, I most enjoy dark, mind-bending narratives, often with a unique world-building element, that strike a chord with their audience. Whatever the genre - horror, science fiction, psychological thrillers, etc. - I find myself struck by stories that reveal some dark, hidden facts about the people or world around us. That said, I also have a soft spot for LGBTQIA+ romance, which I read guiltily while the latest horror novel sits judging me from my bedside table.”

Submission guidelines here  https://www.foliolit.com/submit

Where to Query: Please visit her Query Manager page, linked here, to submit.

 

Josey Dunham


Agency: Kimberley Cameron & Associates LLC

When: Open now

What:

·       Middle Grade

·       Young Adult

·       New Adult

·       Adult: Chick Lit, Contemporary, Crime/Police   Mystery, Romance, Women's Fiction
   

Where: Query Tracker here https://querytracker.net/agent/22724

 

 

 


Daniele Hunter

Agency: McIntosh & Otis

When: Open Now

What: Children’s and Teens’ books (PB, MG, YA). Specifically, she says, “While my heart lives in contemporary stories, I also love contemporary fantasy and ghost stories and am selectively open to other genres. I know it sounds cliché, but I’ve been happily surprised by what I fall in love with!”

Wish list page: Check out MSWL to discover details about her taste in PB, MG, and YA here https://manuscriptwishlist.com/mswl-post/daniele-hunter/

Where: Query Tracker :  https://querytracker.net/query/ddhunter

 


Cece Lyra

Agency: Wendy Sherman Associates

When: Open now

What: Nonfiction and Adult Fiction (upmarket, literary, book club, thriller, historical, romance, speculative, and love stories) – elements that pique her interest in a submission include - mother-daughter relationships, sisters and best friends, family secrets, dark humor, love triangles, competitive subcultures, outsider looking in, rich settings

She says, “She is drawn to books with strong hooks and smooth writing, told with originality, nuance, and authenticity” and believes “believes that stories are empathy-generating machines capable of healing, connecting, and enacting true change.”

Check out her wish list: https://cecilialyra.com/query-wishlist/ 

Where: Submit to submissions@wsherman.com

No comments:

Blog Archive